It is the mission of the Tax Collector's Office to collect all funds due to the City of Rochester while serving customers in a professional and courteous manner. The Tax Collector's Office collects all funds due to the City of Rochester through property taxes, water and sewer user charges, automobile registration fees, and other revenue from all City departments.
Starting Monday, April 26, 2021, the Tax & Auto Registration Office will be located on the 2nd floor of the James W. Foley Memorial Community Center (formerly Rochester Community Center) 150 Wakefield Street, behind Spaulding High School. Enter the building on the Wakefield Street side, not the Recreation Department/Gymnasium.
- The new office is handicap-accessible.
- There is an elevator near the Main Entrance.
- The dropbox is located outside, near the Main Entrance.
- Click here to view a map of the Community Center.
- Payments can be made online (for an additional fee) here: Pay Bills. Please enter JUST your account number. If you encounter any issues please call (603) 332-1136.
- Payments can be made over the phone using a credit or debit card (for an additional fee) by calling (603) 332-1136
- Payments can be submitted by mail addressed to Tax Collector's Office, 150 Wakefield St, Suite 271, Rochester NH 03867
- Payments can be dropped off in the night drop box outside the front of the building at 150 Wakefield St, Suite 271, Rochester NH 03867
- If using Bill Pay through your bank please make sure the mailing address is City of Rochester, 150 Wakefield St, Suite 271, Rochester NH 03867
- Property tax bills will be mailed on 6/15/22 and due 7/14/22. Tax bills may also be viewed and paid online (for an added fee), by calling the Tax Office at 332-1136
- Current tax rate: 2021 Tax Rate is $24.65.
- Returned payments will be assessed a returned payment fee by the City of Rochester, at the time of the return, which will increase your balance due to the City.
- If using Bill Pay through your bank please use our new location address of City of Rochester, 150 Wakefield St, Suite 271, Rochester NH 03867
To see fees for paying property tax bills online please click the link below:
- View or pay property tax and/or utility bills. If you are having trouble paying or viewing bills, try another browser.